Sunday, July 17, 2011

live.

live
–verb (used without object)
1.
to have life, as an organism; be alive; be capable of vital functions: all things that live.
2.
to continue to have life; remain alive: to live to a ripe old age.
3.
to continue in existence, operation, memory, etc.; last: a book that lives in my memory.
 
my favorite word is live.  i think each new day that you get the opportunity to live, is a blessing.  we need to live our lives to the fullest.  don't step back and watch the world, but be apart of everything you want to do.  be yourself.  live for yourself and no one else.  to live, is not to just be alive. to live, is to have a purpose in life and enjoy everyday as if it were your last.  i live for dance.  i live for hair.  i live for my family and those close friends who are true friends.  i am not saying that i live for my family and friends, but that they make living worth it to me.  i have a passion for dance and for doing hair.  each day that i live, i am doing hair.  i go to hairschool everyday and i learn something new each day.  i don't waste my days by sitting at school and not working on something.  i work on my doll head if i don't have a client.  i have danced since i was 3 years old.  i have lived for dance my whole life.  i gave up so much for dance, because it was my passion and it was worth it to me.  i was suppose to get hip surgery about four years ago and i told the doctor no.  i wanted to finish dancing throughout high school.  so i did.  yes, the doctors did get mad at me, but i didn't care.  dance is so important to me that i have suffered through the pain so that i could dance in high school.  i would never change that decision i made.  there are many people who live for other people and not for themselves.  wether it's living for your parents and doing what they want you to do only to make them happy.  or if it's living for that cute boy that you've had a crush on since kindergarten and you only want him to be impressed by you.  we can't do things for other people.  that isn't true happiness.  you need to do things for yourself because it makes you happy.  who cares what others think of you??  i used to care, until i realized that what others think of me shouldn't change who i am.  i am who i am and i am proud of it.  i live for myself and no one else. 
 
 
 
 



who do you live for?
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment