Tuesday, October 23, 2012

i'm thankful for you.

as i sit here eating my bowl of yogurt and granola i'm pondering my night.  i went to the high school region dance concert tonight with BreAnn Kimball.  love that girl.  can i just tell you how much i miss dancing? well i don't know if i can even put it into words.  my hip still give me trouble, and my flexibility has gone out the door since my surgery.  tonight after the concert i went to the gym and danced.  the big room was empty, so i took advantage of it.  it wasn't very pretty, and i hope nobody was watching.  it felt so good to move though.  i love how i can express my feelings through my dancing.  dancing clears my head and makes me feel so alive. i would've given anything to be up on that stage tonight. 

high school girls are so funny to me.  there are those girls who act like you are best friends, even though they never said a word to me when i was in high school with them.  now that i'm married its like we are now best friends.  too funny.  i don't miss high school at all.  just the dancing part.  i am so grateful for my friends that i still have from high school/dance. miss breann is such a great friend.  we became friends our sophomore year in TDT.  we have been through a lot together, but i wouldn't change it for anything.  we aren't the type of friends who hang out all the time, but when we see each other, we talk and talk and talk forever.  we tell each other everything.  i know that i can always count on her for anything.  next is annie. that girl is amazing.  she has always been such a good friend to me and to whoever she knows.  she inspires me so much.  especially through her dancing.  tonight i am thankful for friends who are truthful, loyal, honest, and caring.  thank you girls for being just that.

5 comments:

  1. I seriously was going to write a nearly identical blog post last night.. crazy. I will be forever grateful for you and the friendship you have given me. You are such an amazing girl and I'm so glad we were able to be on tdt together. Something about dance, creates friendships and connections that are hard to explain, but are nearly tangible. I'm so grateful for you and breann, and for always being real with me. I love you so much and look up to you more than you know. lunch soon:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you Annie. Thank you for your comment. Lunch very soon:)

      Delete
  2. I really hope this post isn't about me! I'm sorry we didn't talk a lot ever since I moved. I really do miss you and hope everything is going well for you in life! P.s I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Al don't worry. It's not. You're so cute! I miss you lots too. I wish we would've stayed in touch! I'm so proud of you for being so willing to go on a mission. I'm very excited for you and I know you will be amazing! Love you lady:)

      Delete
  3. Ali, I am so, so grateful for you! You have no idea how much this post just meant to me. You are so inspiring. I am so grateful that I have a friend like you, I can count on you for anything and tell you anything! Thanks for always being there! Lunch with Annie soon :) Gym soon and lunch more often :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete