Thursday, November 14, 2013

a summer adventure.

did i tell you that Collin has been interviewing for internships for this summer? well, he has. and he got an offer for one he really wanted! we are so excited about it.  he will be interning for Goodyear. you know, the tire company.  he is going to be in the HR part of it.  not sure exactly what he will be doing but he will be given two projects to work on and complete this summer.  the best part about this internship is that it is going to take us to Akron, Ohio for the summer! woohoo how exciting for me cause I have never lived outside of Utah.  I am so excited for this summer! Collin grew up in Ohio so he is extremely stoked to go back.  this will also give Collin a greater opportunity to get a full time job there once he graduates.  which would send us back to Ohio for a few years once he is done with school.  kind of scary but very exciting.  so we will be in Ohio for 10-12 weeks.  now I have got to figure out what I am going to do while we are there.  if anyone has any ideas please share them with me! I guess I need to look for some kind of temporary work.  or I could spend all day on pinterest and then actually put all those cooking, crafting, working out, etc. boards to good use! now that would be the life.  but I do think I would get bored after a week or two.  we have been extremely blessed to have this opportunity to go out to Ohio.  I can't wait for our relationship to grow and become stronger.  I know it will when we only have each other to lean on.  we will have to find a furnished apartment to rent since we will be driving out there and won't bring anything but ourselves and our clothes with us.  yikes. that's kind of scary huh?  I can't wait for this new adventure of ours to start! we will be leaving middle of may.  wish us luck!


3 comments:

  1. How did I not know you had a blog?! Congratulations! That's gonna be such a fun adventure for you guys! I can't wait to see what you do. You are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome!! you are seriously going to have a blast. It is okay to be a little homesick at times but it is so great for you and collin to go out on your own and really have to support each other. Me and kb have really grown closer together with living out of state. And I totally love texas but of course always miss close friends and family :) And just remember they will always be there and are always just a phone call away :) love you girl! 10-12 weeks isn't bad you will have lots of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am soo excited ang!! its soo good to hear all that from you. someone who has experience with moving away from family! thanks for the great advice! i'm very excited to grow closer to collin as we live far away from family. love you :)

      Delete