Wednesday, November 20, 2013

at least i'm blogging, right?

tonight as i was running on the treadmill at gold's i realized that i check girls out all the time. wow that sounds awful and weird. but i mean i look at a lot of girls and then i judge them. i'm an awful person.. but i'm honest.  and my judging isn't always bad. mostly good actually. i usually compliment them (in my head of course) on how strong and fit they are.  and how i want to look like them one day.  on occasion i say, "she is waaayy too skinny." or "at least i don't have as far as her to go.." which is so rude, cause honestly, i don't know anybody's story.  maybe that girl has already lost 100 lbs and she is kicking butt! i guess it just helps me feel better about myself to know that there are other girls like me out there.  and they are beautiful.  i've been working really hard on losing weight for a long time.  i have finally kicked myself in the butt and decided to become really serious about my diet.  i've always been a gym girl.  i love to workout.  it's my "me" time.  i love working out when i am stressed or in a bad mood because it helps that change very quickly.  i have been eating very healthy.  6 small meals a day.  i just need to get more creative with my dinners so i don't get bored of the same protein and veggie each night.  my husband is wanting to lose some body fat so he is eating these healthy dinners with me.  the other night i made mashed cauliflower.  its suppose to be like mashed potatoes.  it was surprisingly real good. i recommend some garlic or other spices in it so its not just plain.  tonight i made spagehtti squash with grilled chicken and tomatoe sauce.  the tomatoe sauce was just canned diced tomatoes blended up.  i used a canned tomatoe with lime and cilantro in it.  or you can use just plain canned tomatoes and add your own spices or seasonings.  the husband said it tasted like italian meets mexican! who doesn't think that sounds good?! it filled both my husband and i up.  i'm eating exact portions but he ate a little more than i did and he got full! he never gets full. seriously its a promblem. but he realized that he got full on something healthy instead of just eating and eating food that wasn't satisfying.  that was really good for me to hear.  so if you are looking for a healthy, but delicious meal, i suggest you try that one out! i'm losing weight and feeling healthy and happy! here are some pictures of the dinner i made. yummmo!


1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing at the gym! its terrible, i try not to, but I can't help it!

    ReplyDelete