Wednesday, May 28, 2014

8 week challenge.

remember how my husband and i started doing crossfit? well the crossfit gym that we go to is doing an 8 week nutritional program. its a carb cycling diet that targets body fat loss. we decided to go ahead and do the challenge! we started the food yesterday. its not bad at all for me. i am definitely eating more than when i did my last program. we basically eat protein, veggies, and complex carbs. some days are low carb days and others are high carb days. we eat every 3 hours max. i am really excited to do this! they said the average loss is 4-6%. some people have even lost 8% doing this. we just need to stay motivated and not let anything or anyone tempt us. i am glad we decided to do this program because otherwise we would go out to eat every weekend and get ice cream or treats whenever we felt like it. i feel like i'm on one big vacation this summer so i can eat whatever i want. wrong! so this challenge will definitely help me stay fit and healthy. i will post my before and after pictures on here once the 8 weeks are complete. i am excited to lose body fat and build muscle along the way!

the workout we did yesterday was killer! i literally almost threw up a couple of times. yikes! we had to run 1 mile and then do 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 air squats, and then complete it with another 1 mile run. since i am brand new to crossfit they told me to just do half of the pull ups, push ups, and air squats. i thought i was going to die! hopefully one day i will be able to do the full workout. i am absolutely loving crossfit! i can already see progress and tell a difference in my strength.

wish us luck on this 8 week challenge! we will need it!

this is my sweaty self after my crossfit workout. bleh.

this is the type of food i eat on this challenge. eggs, sweet potato, peppers.

pinterest win! spinach chips. oh and a hard boiled egg.

ground turkey, spinach, and salsa.

2 comments:

  1. You inspire me! I seriously need to start eating healthier. Anyway, I nominated your for the Liebster Award :) Just look at my blog if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your challenge! I've been trying to eat healthy and I am totally struggling to stick with it, probably because my husband won't stop stocking our freezer with ice cream! If you can do a 100 pushups I think that's pretty dang impressive, because I can't even do 20!!

    ReplyDelete