Wednesday, May 14, 2014

from Utah to Ohio.




Well we made it to Ohio. It was a very long trip. About 1,770 miles. At first we were going to plan ou the trip and make hotel reservations and have everything mapped out for us, but then we decided to just be spontaneous! I am glad we did that instead. We just drove until we got tired and then we'd find an exit with hotels and food and we would stop. We only have one night where the first hotel we tried to get a room at was all full. But the second hotel we tried had a room for us. I thought it was way more fun to just be spontaneous and stop and try to find somewhere to stay.

We drove through  Wyoming, which was not so boring just because it was the first state we had to drive through. Oh and we were listening to the Hunger Games series on the iPad. We both loved that! It was fun to listen to the first two books since we had already seen the movies and we were able to picture everything that was happening. I have already read the first two books, but this was Collins first time. We made it to Nebraska the first night. Let me tell you that we will not miss Nebraska at all.  It was a whole bunch of nothing that smelled like cow sh*t! The next day we drove through Iowa and most of Illinois. We stopped just right outside of Chicago so that the next morning we could drive to Chicago and spend a few hours exploring the city. That was a blast! It was both of our first time in Chicago. I think I forgot to mention how many time we had to stop for a potty break for me.. We honestly should've kept a tally. It was that ridiculous. If you know me, you know that my bladder is the size of a peanut! I was driving my husband crazy with the "can we stop I need to pee... again" every hour. oops! Chicago was so much fun! We saw the giant bean and walked down Michigan Avenue. We went to the Willis Tower and ate some delicious Chicago deep dish pizza at Giordano's! Wow! I will never want any other kind of pizza again. It was that good. After a few hours in Chicago we decided to hit the road again. We drove through the tip of Indiana and made it to Ohio that day. We stayed about an hour and a half from Akron since we couldn't move in to the house until Monday afternoon.

We got up Monday and worked out in the hotel gym and then headed out to Akron. We stopped for lunch on the way and then got to the house by 2:00 pm. After we got all unpacked we had to go grocery shopping. $150 later, we were back. bleh!! We had to buy everything since we didn't bring any food with us. That was expensive! Not fun. It was about 8:00 pm when all of our phones started going off and we got a Tornado Warning in our area. It warned us to go take shelter until 8:45 pm. We all headed down to the basement. I was just thinking, "WELCOME TO OHIO"! The warning extended from 8:45 to 9:30 to 9:45 to 10:00. To be honest, I was scared! But we were all safe and the funnel clouds never touched the ground. No damage was done, thankfully. What a first night to remember! When we were safe to return to the upstairs I sat on the bed and watched the storm. I could literally feel the thunder and the rain was coming down so hard! The lightening was unlike anything I had ever seen before. Amazing! I loved the thunder storm. We've had one each night since we've been here. I could get used to that!

Yesterday morning we woke up, updated my resume, applied for jobs and had an interview all in one day! I don't want to take the job, if they offer it to me. I was walking into the interview blind, and it was not what I thought it was going to be. It wouldn't work out for many reasons. But I am still on the job search! I hate that by the way. I haven't had to look for a job for almost two years now. It's not fun at all. Wish me luck!

P.S. we tried to get pictures of each state sign we drove by. There were a few like Iowa and Indiana that were above the freeway so we couldn't stop and take a picture. We did a drive by on Illinois and so its blurry. Collin was supposed to stop and he didn't slow down in time. I haven't let him forget that. It was fun to get out and get some pictures with the sign. Memories we won't ever forget. Sorry for the novel, but I want to remember this time in my life and this is the best way for me to do it. I hope you enjoyed it. Here are some pictures from our road trip.

the sign is misleading.
I kept seeing this and thought it was relevant. (you are nowhere)
drove with my minky on my lap. the best!
hotel room selfie baby!
Iowa
the blurry Illinois sign.
windmills were everywhere! way cool!
the best deep dish pizza ever!
cutest little note at our hotel.
husband's work!
welcome to Ohio!

2 comments:

  1. GAH! You are making me miss Chicago so bad. Make sure you stop back there on your way home... it's the best city ever! I'm glad you guys made it to Ohio safely, though! Good luck finding a job, but while you're unemployed please feel free to keep updating your blog so I can stalk your adventures and act like I'm not jealous at all ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are actually going to take a big detour on our way home and visit collins family in texas. they are moving in june! so it will be our first time at their new house. so no chicago on the way back :( but we will go through a lot of different states, so that will be fun! and i'm sure i will be blogging a lot more often now. thanks shay :)

      Delete