Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Bumpdate.

This is the start of my bumpdates. It still feels surreal that this is happening to me. It's very exciting though! 

How far along: 12 weeks 2 Days

Size of baby: large plum! 

Cravings: lately I've really loved Panda Express and bean and cheese burritos. I haven't given in to my cravings much, but those just sound good! And I hardly ever want Chinese food, so it's definitely pregnancy! 

Aversions: the other day I made chicken, potatoes, and carrots. Something I make and eat a lot. I was gagging over the smell and could not eat it at all! It was so weird! And sugary things make me feel sick sometimes. Which is a good thing I guess!

Movement: Not yet. Too early still. But I'm very excited for that to happen!

Hormones: Very high! Oh pregnancy hormones, how fun are you?! My husband will tell you all about them. I cried the other day because our neighbors puppy was so cute and he just wanted to come inside and play with us! But we couldn't let him in. I cried in almost every episode o Greys Anatomy that I've watched since being pregnant. But who doesn't cry during that show??

Stretch marks/weight gain/showing:
No new stretch marks. I have some on my hips from years ago. I know they are genetic and I already have some, so I'm bound to get some. But I'm faithfully rubbing on some stretch mark lotion everyday to help with that. I haven't gained a single pound yet. Which is good for me! And surprising for me too! I'm sure it will come though. Luckily I've been able to workout since I haven't been too sick. So that helps with weight gain for sure! Not showing yet. I'm excited and anxious for that bump to show!!

Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty good. Without a doubt, every single night I wake up at least once to go pee. But I usually am able to fall right back asleep. Last night was probably the most uncomfortable I've been yet. I didn't sleep well and had the hardest time waking up. 

Gender: Don't know yet. We might possibly find out early when we are in Utah for Christmas! If not, 20 weeks will have to do. We both would love a boy because we want our kids to have an older brother. But if it's a girl she will have daddy wrapped around finger! And mommy too :)

These first 12 weeks have been fun and exciting! I can't wait to see my body change. It truly is incredible what our bodies can do. One day I'll post a bump picture. When I get one! 

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you, Ali!! Pregnancy is truly an amazing experience (most of the time, anyway ;))! Being a mom is the best. Can't wait to read about your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! So happy to read this. Can't wait for you to show, you cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete