Tuesday, January 5, 2016

16 weeks.

Oops. It's been a whole 4 weeks since I've blogged. I've been traveling for the holidays and have been too busy. I can't believe I'm already 16 weeks! Time is flying by! I know that I'll be saying the opposite of that once I'm further along. We heard baby's heartbeat at the doctor today. It was so special. But this whole process has truly been amazing!

How far along: 16 weeks!

Size of baby: an avocado 

Cravings: none right now. 

Aversions: nothing specific right now. Since week 13 I haven't been too hungry. But nothing turns me off. 

Movement: Not yet. But Doctor said it could happen any day!!

Hormones: I haven't noticed a change like I did in the beginning. I cried after hanging up the phone with a bishopric member asking me to give a talk on Sunday. But that's probably normal for me. I hate speaking!

Stretch marks/weight gain/showing:
No new stretch marks. I have some on my hips from years ago. I've gained one pound so far! Doc said that's okay for now but that he'd like to see me put on some weight here in the next month or so. I'm sure that'll come without trying! I'm showing at night. But then morning comes and the bump is gone :( I'm excited to wake up one day with a bump and have it stay forever! 

Sleep: Still waking up almost every night to pee. I tend to get uncomfortable and have to switch back and forth from side to side, so that wakes me up. But then I usually fall back to sleep quickly. 

Gender: We know!! But you'll have to wait until my next post to find out! We went and found out early when we were in Utah over Christmas break. We were able to take my parents with us as a surprise for them. It was the coolest thing to have them with us. It was so special to share that experience with them. Direct quote from my dad while watching the ultrasound in the big screen, "this is better than a movie!" That made me so very happy! 

Night time bump! It was gone by morning. 




No comments:

Post a Comment