Sunday, February 14, 2016

halfway, baby boy.

I went in for my 20 week ultrasound and baby was measuring a full week ahead at 21 weeks! I'm hoping that means my doctor will change my due date to a week earlier. We will see what he decides. So now I'm either almost 22 weeks or almost 23. It's so exciting! 

During the ultrasound baby boy kept putting his little fingers in his mouth. It was so cute to watch him do that. It was a long appointment because they have to measure everything to make sure baby is growing correctly. Towards the end the ultrasound tech was trying to get a good picture of his profile and he wouldn't not corporate. So daddy started poking my belly and talking to him. It was so cool and super funny to watch little man move around when daddy poked my belly! We love him so much already. 

I've definitely gained weight. It's rather depressing how much it went up in just one month! I couldn't believe it. I have been exercising and eating healthy and also indulging on occasion. But I did not expect to see my weight go up as much as it did. I've gained 11 pounds since the beginning. Halfway and 11 pounds, that's okay right? Hopefully! We will see how it goes from here. I'm going to try to eat better and continue to exercise! As long as I look and feel good, I shouldn't worry about what the scale says. But we all know that's easier said than done. 

I keep buying baby clothes. Help me! I don't know how to say no to baby GAP skinny jeans for baby boy. They are just too adorable. Plus they were on sale! Baby boy has lots of cute clothes already. Can't wait to dress him in them soon!  Where are your favorite places to buy baby clothes?? 

I'm loving this growing belly of mine! It's so fun to actually have a baby bump now and not jus look extra chubby! 

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! ❤️




2 comments:

  1. I love this! I felt the same way about my weight gain. I was so distraught when after 14 weeks I had gained 9 pounds because the only thing I could stomach eating was bad foods haha oh well but I was able to maintain till about 30 weeks and I was getting to emotional about my gaining weight I packed away the scale and was able to focus on just eating healthy. Worrying to me wasn't worth it when your already uncomfortable. I told my doctor my fears that I'm gaining weight too quickly and he just laughed at me and said, "you don't need to worry about that, I promise. Just eat healthy but for goodness sakes you are gonna gain weight!" Haha after I had Abigail, I lost 30 pounds in 2 weeks and I'm still going down in weight. Just 10 pounds till I'm back to my starting weight. Don't stress too much. Enjoy and you will be able to lose the weight after, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! Haha and I think I gained 11 pounds in my first trimester ALONE! Don't stress about it. Just try to feel really proud of your body because you're doing something AWESOME. And to help with your shopping addiction :) H&M and Old Navy have the best online and clearance sales! I check them about once a week. I have a problem.

    ReplyDelete