Thursday, February 11, 2016

Valentines Sugar Cookies.

Valentine's Sugar Cookies! I posted these yesterday and had some people asking for the recipe. So I decided I'd post it on here. If you've had these cookies before, you know how yummy they are! If you haven't, you are missing out and need to make them right now! Seriously, do it. Valentine's is this weekend so it's the perfect time! You can use this recipe for any holiday or any occasion. All you do differently is use a different cookie cutter and whatever color frosting you want! This is my momma's recipe and she taught me everything I know! It's tradition that we make them every year for Christmas and then again for Valentines Day. I had to keep the tradition going even when I'm out of state!

note: I usually don't bake with  margarine but for this recipe I do!!

Sherry's Best Ever Sugar Cookies

Cream together: 
1 Cup Blue Bonnet margarine
1 1/2 Cup sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp mexican vanilla (or regular)

Add in:
3 3/4 Cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt 

Roll out to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shakes with cookie cutter. Bake at 375 degrees from 6-10 minutes depending on thickness of dough and size of cookie. Cookies should just be starting to turn golden brown on bottom. If too brown, they will be crisp rather than soft. Let cookies cool before frosting them.

Cream cheese frosting:
1lb powdered sugar 
1 (8 oz) cream cheese
6 T. Blue Bonnet margarine
2 tsp. Mexican vanilla

Mix all ingredients with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Frost cookies as desired. If using a decorating bag, you may need to add more powdered sugar to make frosting stiffer so it will hold its shape. 

Enjoy!!

Here are a few pictures of some sugar cookies my mom and I have made for different events. 





4 comments:

  1. Seriously, bless you for posting this. I might attempt to make these, but I just feel like even if I follow the recipe to the T, it still can't live up to Sherry's! But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do when you don't live at home and Ali isn't in Utah to bring me some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe, cuz! I just made some hearts with my littles and they are delicious, and so easy. One question, do I refrigerate them or leave them in a closed container at room temperature?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad you made them! Just put them in a container at room temperature. :)

    ReplyDelete